View from the block

View from the block

Friday, July 30, 2010

Plans to council...

We have bought a subdivisiable 1 acre block with my brother and his wife in Greenmount and will be building 2 houses on it then seperating the titles. My hubbie and I are on half the acre and they are on the other.  We have both decided to build a pole home with Total Home Frames. We are buiilding 2 story custom design and they are building a queenslander type single.  We decided on a pole home as the the earthwork quotes were ridiculous (try 80k) as it has a slight slope and some clay activity.  With this pole home company the prices you see are what you get...no added earthworks... so went happily with them as also really loved their designs.
We have just signed our building contracts and plans have just been put into council. We hope to have them out of council in 7 weeks. Build takes about 12 weeks for a pole home.  Hoping to be in the house by January 2011...but hey we'll see.
I thought I would do this blog as I haven't seen many blog about building a pole home. I will put up  some photos of our block and plans soon.
We are very excited to be able to do with with our family as our kids can now grow up together.
Anyhow...first blog I've ever done in my life, I hope someone gets something out of it along the way.

1 comment:

kitchen colours

kitchen colours

cut 3

cut 3

The Cut

The Cut